Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions:
Please take time and read the terms and conditions of offer at Discover Virunga Limited before confirming your safari.
The following are vital issues to consider before you start your journey to any of our various attractions;
- Specify the date of arrival and departure, number of people travelling with you, their respective ages, accommodation type of preferences and flight details.
- Gorilla permits are reserved after names are availed in full as they appear on the passport, date of birth and nationality. Safaris with gorillas require advance booking of about 90 days for Bwindi and 14 days for Mgahinga.
- Children below 12 years are not allowed to track chimpanzees
- Children below 15years are not allowed to track mountain gorillas
Trackers must be in good health (with no communicable diseases) lest they may not be allowed to track and Discover Virunga Limited bears no responsibility for individuals rejected by the agency.
The following are our terms for payment before you can be considered a partner with us on this exciting journey of touring some of the most adventurous tour sites in the world;
- A 30% deposit will be paid at the time of booking of your safari for confirmation.
- Gorilla and chimpanzee permits will be bought after receiving a full deposit that is excluded in the 30%.
- Safaris to be done within 30 days before departure require full payment at the time of confirmation.
- All rates are quoted in US Dollars (USD) and payments are made by bank transfer and the client will incur the bank charges.
- In case the payment is not done according to the above criteria, Discover Virunga Limited has the right to cancel the booking.
- Cancellation requests must be put in writing by the client and shall apply on the effective date of receipt by Discover Virunga Limited
- Refunds on all the pre-payments will be based on cancellation policy by the hotels, lodges, resorts and by the banks.
- A 50% charge on cancellations within 14 to 30 days, 80 % charge within 2 to 14 days and no refund for cancellations 48 hours or less. Discover Virunga Limited reserves the right to deduct all the expenses incurred from any money paid.
Note: Discover Virunga Limited will not accept liability for any injury, damage or delay caused directly by the hotels, restaurants, transport carriers or any other agency with which bookings have been made.
- This will depend on the number of people and for the fly-in safaris transfers to kisoro, and Kihihi will be by AeroLink.
- In Kisoro, Lake Chahafi Resort will arrange for your pick up from the resort to Kisoro airstrip and Bwindi and Mgahinga National Parks.
- Discover Virunga Limited will arrange for a safari 4X4 vehicle with a pop -up top for game viewing for the rest of the days of your safari starting at Kihihi airstrip, through Queen Elizabeth and Kibale National Parks and transport you back to Kasese for your flight to Entebbe.
NB: Experienced English speaking guides/drivers are available and will be the only people allowed to drive vehicles of Discover Virunga Limited. The driver’s decision on the route taken will be final.